The Chamber Academy is a series of workshop lunch-and-learns presented by
the Navasota Grimes County Chamber of Commerce.
The next Chamber Academy session is scheduled for Wednesday, July 21st at noon. It is entitled "So You Want To Be A Landlord." Material to be covered may include:
- Buying an investment property.
- Financing - how much down is needed? how to determine if there is positive cash flow?
- Finding the right property - Is a 2/1 enough? Or is 3/2 more desireable and marketable? Or is larger better? What about location, location, location?
- How much should I pay for a property?
- How much can I rent it for?
- Budgeting for unexpected costs.
- Understanding landlord-tenant laws.
- What condition does the property need to be in so that I can rent?
- Marketing the property/Finding a tenant - Run ads? Word of mouth? Social media? What about applications? Should I list it with a realtor?
- The screening process.
- Collecting rent - How to collect rents. Are tenants able to skirt rent payments due to COVID?
- Maintaining the property.
All interested parties are invited and encouraged to attend.
Who: All are invited
What: Chamber Academy discussion on "So You Want To Be A Landlord."
When: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 12 noon
Where: Navasota Center
THIS EVENT IS $10 (members) AND $15 (non-members). LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED TO IN-PERSON ATTENDEES. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
If your company would like to host a Chamber Academy session in 2021, please contact us at 936.825.6600.
January 27: Explore Texas
July 21: So You Want To Be A Landlord